- Finnan Keen is the first to notice the low morale affecting the dwarves walking around. Being a talented bard, he sings a song to uplift their spirits. Also sensing the depression, Titan recalls various tales of the valor of the dwarves in times past. The wizard and rogue managed to boost the morale of the dwarves quite quickly.
- Creine Zephyr decides to inspect the lone trebuchet in camp. After a few hours, he manages to fix some of the gears to get it working properly again.
- Ajenta Summerwind notices a weakened wall on the southeast side of camp and decides to strengthen it. She patches the wall up and proceeds to the medical tents.
- Leonitas Brutalaus goes to Aggratosh and does his best to heal the huge dragon. After awhile, he cures him of his wounds. Aggratosh was now at full power to destroy Zharthos.
- Titan inspects the ballistae and fixes them in short order, oddly enough…
- Ajenta heals many people, putting more able-bodied dwarves on the front lines.
- Finnan unlocks some chests belonging to deceased dwarves, allowing them to obtain more armor and weapons.
- Leonitas and Titan help Alchemist Dunim assemble a vast quantity of alchemist’s fires to throw at the orcs.
- Both the halfling and minotaur try to help lay traps, but their advice is seen as folly by all with common sense. The shifter, with her great knowledge of nature, helps the dwarves immensely in setting up many deathly traps. Finn, noticing some dwarves setting up a trap wrong, quietly fixes it when they leave.
- Finally, Sir Dain Ironfoot calls over the warlord to discuss the battle plans. Creine is able to show off his leadership skills and impresses many with his wisdom._
After preperations, the group heads to their own large tent and gets ready for the coming battle. Soon drums are heard in the distance and dwarven horns send up an alarm. A great roar echoes through the valley as Zharthos leads his horde to the battlefield. The party exits the tent and witnesses Aggratosh fly towards the blue dragon. As they run towards the south wall, Sir Dain splits everyone up. Creine and Dain will command from the two towers overlooking the southern gate. Leonitas shall aid Dunim and his bombadiers. Ajenta shall lead the melee forces outside the camp. Finn is assigned to the ballista and archer regiment. Titan is put in charge of the only trebuchet in camp.
War is Upon You – The warlord looks over the field and even in the twilight, he can see over 150 orcs meet their demise from the traps sprawled out on the ground. Above is a storm of thunder, lightening, claws, and teeth wages between two mighty beasts. The warlord needs to command his friends in battle. He tells Ajenta to hold the line, which she does remarkably, killing over 30 orcs. Then he tells Finn to make it rain arrows down upon the uglies and the halfling is eager to please, as he drops at least 30 orcs. Leonitas is told to throw the bombs at cluster of orcs on the left side and the bombadiers rack up over 40 kills. Finally, the minotaur screams to Titan to fire the trebuchet at a large pack of orcs and the warforged aims perfectly, killing over 40.
Second Verse, Same as the First – Orcs attack the southeast wall with a battering ram, but due to the fighter’s observant eye, the strengthened wall stands tall. At this time of the battle the warlord loses his commanding presence and his allies must fend for themselves. Ajenta, surrounded, needs to take out some orcs. She fails and takes some damage. Her close dwarf allies slay her foes, but lose their concentration on the rest of the enemy. Leonitas uses his arcane prowess to make the bombs bigger upon impact, but is attacked by a stray berserker. His allies save him, yet he still nearly falls in battle. Titan has to aim his shots well, since Creine has failed to give him clear orders. He fires two successes and even saves his allies by throwing up a barrier to protect them from a barrage of arrows. Finn is ordered to shoot at Zharthos, which he does with great precision. After the shot, he fails to evade and takes some arrow damage. He does see an orc in the dark climbing the tower to slay the warlord, so he flings a lethal shuriken slaying the would-be assasin.
For Death and Glory – An orc Chieftain manages to break through the line with his bodyguards and charges straight at Ajenta. Seeing the might and fury of this charge, the warlord shouts to Leonitas and Titan to follow him to help out their shifter ally. Meanwhile, Zharthos takes offence to the arrows shot at him and swoops down at Finn. Finn fails to dodge the dragons oncoming blast, but does fire a ballista bolt into the beasts chest. This causes the blue dragon to send out a white-hot blast of lightening that the halfling is unable to endure and stuns him. This attack allows Aggratosh to fly in and bite the other dragon’s throat, slaying Zharthos. The party in combat with the orcs is quickly overwhelmed and the situation turns dire. Aggratosh does what he can, while also lending aid to the dwarves ongoing skirmishes. After awhile though, the group is all unconcious except for the wizard. The iron dragon lands and takes the brunt of the orcs damage and kills some of them. This gives the warforged the time necessary to help his fallen allies. He manages to heal Finn, Creine, and Leonitas. Sadly though, Ajenta could not hold off death for that long and she dies on the battlefield honorably. Aggratosh slays more orcs and finally the surviving heroes kill the last one.
The battle is over as the sun rises over the Silver Mountains. The orcs were annhilated, but not without sacrifice. The shifter fighter, Ajenta Summerwind, has passed on from the mortal world. Her so-called allies, Finn and Creine, waste no time picking over her corpse. Titan and Leonitas watch in stunned silence. The wizard then moves to Zharthos body and carves out a nice patch of dragonskin. He also takes a tooth from the beast. Finn finds a cryptic note and a pair of Goblin Stompers on the dead orc chieftain. Leonitas finds some Health Potions, too. The party approaches Aggratosh and talks to him. The warlord acts rudely towards the huge dragon, quite foolishly. The dragon merely growls and seems unwilling to help much after that exchange. The dwarves gather their dead to bury in the Stone, while burning the enemies bodies in large piles. Sir Dain escorts the group back to their tent and says he will awaken them before dusk to celebrate the victory. After being woke up, the heroes cheer the glorious dead and are welcomed with cheers of admiration from the surviving dwarves. A young dwarf miner, named Bombor, even swears his fealty to the group. They accept and now he is tasked with carrying the body of their fallen comrade, Ajenta, to Archwood.